Applications for 2013 are open and we look forward to help you navigate the process. The steps to finding wisdomwithmagic are as follows:
Step 1: Preliminary assessment
If you are applying for Undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate studies you need to submit the following documentation first:
- Completed application form
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your Matric Certificate (if you have already completed matric) or latest results (if you are currently in matric)
If If you are applying for Honours you need to submit the following:
- Application Form
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your Matric Certificate AND a certified copy of your academic transcript for your undergraduate qualification AND a certified copy of your degree certificate
- Research paper/essay (1000 words) previously done by you
After you have submitted these documents your application is reviewed to establish if you would qualify in principle. So for undergraduate studies we check if your marks would allow you access to the programme you’re applying for. If you’re applying for postgraduate studies we check if your previous qualification is a fit for the programme and if you are academically strong enough to have a reasonable chance of successfully completing the course.
If your application is sound in principle, we invite you to come and write the entrance challenge. This is a 3 hour session during which you demonstrate practical problem solving and creative thinking skills. Your work will be assessed by Vega academic staff.
At this stage you will need to submit a portfolio if you are applying for
- BA Creative Brand Communications, Creative Honours (your portfolio should consist of 12 – 15 creative pieces of your best work.)
- Higher Certificate in Photography (The portfolio should consist of 12-15 photographs which you think portray your best creative work.)
- Students applying for BA Brand Building and Management need to write the National Benchmarking Test (AQL component only).
Applicants applying for any other programmes are recommended to sit the test, it will enhance your application to Vega. For more information and to book your seat to write this test, please visit www.nbt.ac.za. You will need to provide your Vega Contact Navigator with your NBT Test Number before your Interview can take place. (NBT dates to be communicated in April – visit website for more information.)
Step 3: Interview
Once your entrance challenge has been assessed and you have demonstrated the required level of wisdomwithmagic, we invite you to an interview. During your interview we will give you feedback on your entrance challenge.
Following the successful completion of all these steps we will notify you if you are accepted into Vega.
To get the process started you can either get in touch with the Contact Navigator at your campus of choice by visiting this page: Campus Contact Details
For more information contact Vega