Media24 Bursary Programme: Computer Science/Information Technology
Media24, part of the Naspers Group, has a growing number of work opportunities for software developers in their online publishing and e-commerce businesses. They are launching a bursary programme as part of their drive to find and attract talent and is offering deserving students all expenses paid tuition and a guaranteed job in a start up environment.
It is the ideal home for graduates who will experience the freedom to be challenged, to grow their skill sets and work in a business that rewards hard work and innovative ideas.
- Registered for 3rd year or Honours in 2014 in any of the following degrees B.Sc (Computer Science); B.Sc Honours in Computer Science; B. Business Science (Computer Science or IS);
- Academic average of at least 60% in 2013
- Experience with/knowledge of .Net; C#; ObjectiveC; Java; PHP; Rails; and/or HTML 5
- Experience with/knowledge of databases, stored procedures, and MySQL, XHTML, CSS, JQuery, and/or AJAX
Skills & Competencies
- have a passion for digital;
- have the ability to learn fast;
- show grace under pressure;
- be end-user-focused;
- have good people skills;
- be curious, persistent and resilient;
- be proactive
On the job, some of your duties may include:
- Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program codes and applications to support business processes and functions in required programming language
- Performs all aspects of programming assignments and assists with systems/application design.
- Performs basic systems analysis techniques, testing, debugging, file design and storage.
- Creates specific applications against business requirements received
- Develops enhancements to existing products in Production
- Fixes bugs where required
- May be required to assist on ad hoc projects or tasks as determined by manager
How to apply: Click here to apply online
All expenses paid tuition in 2014 and a job in 2015
Closing Date: Unpecified