Glencore Bursary Programme 2015
If you have recently finished matric and you had a good academic record, then this opportunity is for you. Glencore Coal SA offers individuals the opportunity to apply for their tertiary education bursary programme.
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Their global network comprises more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries, plus they have over 150 mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. They employ approximately 190 000 people and it’s these people that they value above all else. Their strategy is to maintain and build upon their position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide.
Glencore Coal SA offers tertiary level bursaries to dynamic, results orientated students in following fields of study.
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- BCom (Financial Management)
- Mining Survey
Costs covered by the bursary
- Registration & Tuition fees
- Residence & Meals fees
- Prescribed textbook
- Personal allowance
- Payment of any compulsory excursion or seminar which may be required
- An allowance towards a laptop & Printer
- Paid vacation work, where applicable
In determining successful candidates, a combination of the following criteria will be applied:
- In line with the Company’s Social and Labour Plans, successful candidates will come from the local communities where Glencore Coal South Africa owned and managed operations are located;
- The ability of the parents/guardians to fund tertiary education; and Matric results.
- Engineering disciplines candidates must obtain a minimum rating of 6 (70%-79%) in mathematics and science, 5 (60%-69) English and as per requirement of institutions
- The candidates must obtain a minimum rating 5 (60%-69%) in Mathematics, Accounting and English to be considered in Finance
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a service obligation with Glencore Coal SA
- Successful candidates must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to the commencement of Bursary Award
Description of information to be included in the application letter:
- What do you do at present [e.g. Grade 12, 1st or 2nd year
- What is your preferred field or your current field of study?
- Certified copy of ID, latest results, if currently in Grade 12 include Grade 11 results.
Closing Date: Unspecified