The Department of Arts and Culture invites applications for bursaries for students who wish to pursue studies in heritage courses.
The bursary will finance both undergraduates and post graduates in the following fields:
Fields of study
- Archaeology (marine, etc.)
- Archives and records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Restorative and preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management
- Heritage resources management
- Museum management and curatorship Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of S.A. Living Heritage
- South African citizenship
- Academic potential / satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution)
- Field of study (heritage related)
- Financially needy
- Admission letter or proof of registration at an accredited institution of higher learning
NB: people with disability are encouraged to apply
The closing date for submission of applications is 29 August 2014 at 16h30.
No late applications will be considered
Find out more here.