Are you into Astronomy? Do you love Science and Technology? SKA SA has bursary opportunities for you.
The South African SKA Project (SKA SA) is a project of the Department of Science and Technology, administered by the National Research Foundation.
SKA SA is responsible for South Africa’s bid to host the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope, the design and construction of the Karoo Array Radio Telescope (MeerKAT) and the development of high-level capacity in radio astronomy and the engineering disciplines relevant to radio astronomy
South African Square Kilometre Array Project invites applications for the 2015 Undergraduate and Honours Bursary Programme.
The following students are eligible for an SKA SA undergraduate or honours bursary
- South African citizens ONLY.
- Students who wish to study, or are studying, towards a Bachelor of Science degree; majoring in Physics and Mathematics, at a South African university.
- Students who wish to study towards a Bachelor of Science – Honours degree at a South African university; and who majored in Physics and Mathematics at undergraduate level,
- Students who wish to study, or are studying, towards a Bachelor of Engineering degree (Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering only), at a South African university.
- Students who have achieved a minimum C in mathematics and science in Grade 12, or a minimum 60% for major subjects at undergraduate level.
- Students who intend to pursue postgraduate research in radio astronomy, or in an engineering discipline relevant to radio astronomy.
Closing Date: 15 August 2014
How to apply: Click Here to Apply