Digby Wells Environmental provides premier environmental and social services to the mineral resources and energy industries in Africa. They are offering an environmental bursary to undergraduate students for 2014.
They invite undergraduates registering for 2nd year, 3rd year and Post Graduate studies for the 2014 academic year, to apply for this bursary programme. This programme provides tertiary education access and employment for a selected number of learners who are academically capable and want a career in managing the environment.
The bursary programme includes financial aid, comprising of tuition fees, a laptop, and book allowance. Learners, who will be inducted into the company, will also receive paid vacation employment with practical training and on-site exposure, on-going mentorship from our highly experienced staff and full-time employment on graduation.
- Learners must demonstrate academic potential;
- Applicants who have completed their matric more than two years prior to this application and have not been studying at a recognised institution will not be considered;
- Learners must be South African citizens;
- Preference may be given to historically disadvantaged learners.
- Funding may only be awarded for full time study.
- The learners must demonstrate a high level of passion towards working outdoors, and want to contribute and make a difference to the environment.
- The application process is highly competitive and potential applicants must be able to demonstrate both a high degree of motivation and the preparation and ability required to complete their studies.
- Learners must be prepared to sign an employment contract with the company prior to the 2014 academic year commencing.
Approved Fields of Study
Students must be eligible and want to study towards a career in the Environmental Industry. The following fields of study are eligible for bursary support:
- BSc Environmental Sciences
- BSc Aquatic Health
- BSc Hydrogeology
- BSc Botany
- BSc Geography
- BA/ BSc Anthropology
- BSc Hydrology
- BSc Zoology
Learners must have completed their first year of their chosen degree.
Only applicants who have obtained the following marks for Grade 12 or A Levels year will be considered:
- A minimum of 60% in Mathematics
- A minimum of 60% in English
- A minimum of 60% in Physical Science Learners must have passed their first year at tertiary level
How to Apply?
The application form and all supporting documentation should be emailed to [email protected]
Closing Date: 28 February 2014
For more information about Digby Wells, visit their website.