UNISA Centre for Business Management - Retailing
- Store location and Customer Focus (UNISA)
- Marketing and Merchandising (UNISA)
- Principles of Marketing
- Retail Marketing
- Business English
- Word Processing
- Understanding the Internet
- Principles of Customer Service
(2 Subjects are compulsory.)
- Intro to P.C.
- Principles of Marketing Communication
- Consumer and Buyer Behaviour
- Principles of Advertising
- Selling Skills
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)
- Life Skills
- Customer Service Orientated
- Interactive Guest Lectures
- Regular Workshops and Assignments
- Understand the importance of stock control including: markdowns, shrinkage, visual control,
rand control and unit control.
- Understand retail pricing: cost of goods and mark-ups and managing price changes.
- Understand selling, communications mix, retail promotion activities.
- Understand advertising, various media opportunities and sales promotions.
- Possess knowledge of store locations, best positioning and best design layout.
- Possess knowledge of customer focus, how retailers should focus on their customers.
- Be able to discuss how retail buyers can be guided to buy the right merchandise.
- Understand the importance of suppliers.
- Able to operate Word Processing and Spreadsheet software.
- Have a working knowledge of e-mail and the internet.
- Introduction to Retailing Certificate (UNISA) NQF Level 6, 24 credits
- Certificate (Boston)
It is compulsory that a learner has achieved a Grade 12 Certificate, prior to registering for the
UNISA Retailing Management Programmes.
However, UNISA is prepared to consider prior work experience if a learner has not achieved a Grade 12 certificate
External fees and Text Books:
Learners will be required to pay additional fees to UNISA and FMI (if Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI) is chosen as a Choice subject).
These will be quoted by and paid to Boston City Campus and Business College, and transferred on the Learner’s behalf.
Learners will be required to pay additional fees for prescribed UNISA textbooks.
For more information or to apply, please click here