SAQA ID : 23618
NQF LEVEL : 5
(Minimum credits : 120)
Purpose of Qualification
The Certificate in Office Administration will equip an individual with the skills necessary to effectively run a business office. Training will consist of a combination of technical, administrative, communication,accounting and marketing skills.
Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Randburg, Kempton Park, Pietermaritzburg.
Registered with: The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
Accredited by: FASSET SETA.
Registered on: National Qualification Framework by SAQA.
Admission requirements: Grade 12 or Equivalent or NQF Level 4 Qualification National Certificates.
Adequate language and numeracy skills are necessary. Have the infonrnation-gathering, analysis and presentation skills required at exit level 4 on the NQF.
Minimum Requirements to complete the qualification: Pass all modules.
Minimum Completion Time: 1 Year
Professional Designation: Successful candidates may register with The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
and use the following designation “Certified Junior Office Administrator” CJOlcb (SA)
Articulation Possibilities: Articulation possibilities with other qualifications:
Only students who have passed subjects at tertiary (post-Senior Certificate) level may apply for exemptions.
Only subjects examined by fonrnal academic institutions and recognised professional bodies are considered, with an objective to ensure that the examinations and syllabuses are comparable both in standard and content ,especially where an M+ 3 rating from the Human Sciences Research Council applies as stipulated below.
Recognised examining bodies by the lCB:
• Technikons (National Certificates, Diplomas and Higher Qualifications)
• South African Universities (Bachelor Degrees and Higher Qualifications). (These universities should be affiliated to the South African Vice-Chancellors’ Association - formerly the Committee of University Principals).
Specific recognised foreign universities, polytechnics or colleges.
• The London Chamber of Commerce & Industry Examinations Board (LCClEB)
• Office Communication
• Business And Office Administration I
• Marketing Management And Public Relations
• Business Law And Administrative Practice
• Cost And Management Accounting
This qualification can lead to the following career opportunities:
• Office Administrator
• Executive Assistant
• Assistant Marketing Manager
Contact PC Training & Business College.