3 Years Full Time / 4 Years Part Time
This programme prepares students for the demands of a management position. Students who complete this diploma will be in an excellent position to manage their own business.
* Please note
that the admission requirements listed for this specific qualification may change during the year, please consult the admission office before applying.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
- Admission Points Score of 30.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics or 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 29 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Test before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Applicants over the age of 23 who do not comply with the requirements stipulated, may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the Head of Department on the basis of work experience, academic records and psychometric and language test results.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Senior Certificate with at least five subjects, provided these subjects include a 1st Language passed on HG=E or SG=C and a 2nd Language passed on HG=F or SG=D.
- Learners must score at least 22 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Test before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Applicants over the age of 23 years who do not comply with the requirements stipulated may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the Head of Department on the basis of work experience, academic record and psychometric and language test results.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a person for the demands of a management position. Students who complete this diploma will be in an excellent position to manage their own business.
The Faculty has limited capacity. This implies that, should the number of applications meeting the minimum requirements exceed the capacity, a selection procedure has to be applied. The following are the three core elements of this selection system:
First-year Students (full-time)
- Candidates who satisfy the minimum requirements and who apply before the closing date receive preference. Should these applications exceed capacity, however, selection is done on academic grounds using the rating system.
- Late applications are only considered where capacity is available. Selection of late applications who satisfy the minimum requirements is done on the basis of first come, first served.
- Final acceptance is based on official Grade 12 results. Selection based on other school results (e.g. November Grade 11 results) is provisional and subject to official Grade 12 results.
Must pass at least 40% of registered modules in order to be re-admitted to the full-time qualification.
First-year Students (part-time)
Must pass at least 25% of registered modules in order to be re-admitted to the qualification.
Must pass at least 50% of modules enrolled for.
The re-admission of students is, in addition to the above, subject to the regulations governing the maximum duration of study as published in the General Prospectus of the NMMU.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time or four years of part-time study.
Careers: business manager, business owner.
For more info: NMMU