3 Years Full Time / 4 Years Part Time
This programme provides the student with the broad expertise necessary to assume responsibility for effective and efficient planning, organising, implementation and control of the logistics activities which are required to supply goods and services of the right quality to users within the supply chain at optimum cost.
* Please note that the admission requirements listed for this specific qualification may change during the year, please consult the admission office before applying.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
- Admission Points Score of 30.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics or 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 29 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course. Should a student be accepted for the National Diploma: Inventory and Stores, he/she may articulate to the National Diploma: Logistics if he/she obtains an average of 60% for all the subjects in the first year of the National Diploma: Inventory and Stores.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Senior Certificate with at least five subjects passed.
- The language of instruction must be passed with a minimum HG=E or SG=C, as well as any other 2nd language.
- Learners must score at least 24 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time or four years of part-time study.
Careers: logistics manager.
For more information on the Extended Programme
For more info: NMMU