The communication networks stream focuses on integrating many technologies varying from wireless networks, voice-over IP, electronics, robotic components, computer and information security, networking and also programming. This course is primarily a course for networking professionals with a solid grounding in supporting subject areas such as programming and fundamentals of electronics.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008
- Admission Points Score of 32.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 3 (40-49%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 26 and 31 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Senior Certificate with at least 2 Higher Grade subjects.
- Learners must score at least 30 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Mathematics of at least HG=E / SG=D.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over a minimum of three years of full-time study.
For more info: NMMU