3 Years Full Time / 5 Years Part Time
This programme equips students with skills in the fields of financial management, financial accounting, information systems, internal auditing, cost & management accounting.A national higher certificate in financial information systems is required.
Note: This programme name may change for 2013 intake.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 32.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 31 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Senior Certificate with at least five subjects, provided these subjects include a 1st Language passed on HG=E or SG=C and a 2nd Language passed on HG=E or SG=C.
- Must have passed Mathematics with at least HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 27 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time or five years of part-time study.
Careers: Accountant, financial information systems analyst/administrator.
For more info: NMMU