This programme enables students to function within the wide parameters of the world of fashion. It equips you with the ability to adapt to the fast-changing needs of the clothing and fashion industry.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
- Admission Points Score of 28.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics or 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 27 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- The admissions office invites qualifying applicants who meet the specified academic entrance requirements to attend an interview, complete a placement test and submit a set portfolio of work.
The portfolio recommendation is the leading indicator. Numbers are limited for this course.
Recommended NSC subjects:
• Visual Arts
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Senior Certificate with pass in 1st Language (HG=D or SG=B).
- Art and Needlework are recommended matric subjects.
- Applicants scoring 25 points or higher will be invited in writing to prepare a prescribed portfolio and make an appointment to attend an interview, present their portfolio and complete a series of placement tests.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
For more info: NMMU