3 Years Full Time / 5 Years Part Time
This programme equips students with career-orientated knowledge and skills for a career in accountancy.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 32.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 31 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Senior Certificate with at least five subjects, provided these subjects include a 1st Language passed on HG=E or SG=C and a 2nd Language passed on HG=E or SG=C.
- Must have passed Mathematics with at least HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 27 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The programme equips students with career-orientated knowledge and skills for a career in accountancy. Students are required to complete the National Higher Certificate in Accounting in order to commence studies in this programme.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time and five years of part-time study.
Careers: Accountant, Internal Auditor.
For more info: NMMU