The purpose of the qualification is to produce graduates who are productive, competent, able to work independently, and who can manage time effectively in entry-level technical user support positions that span a wide range of computing environments requiring support personnel.
Please note that an average of 60% for all modules at the exit level is required if an applicant wishes to proceed to the Diploma: IT (Support Services).
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008
- Admission Points Score of 28.
- Minimum NSC requirements for certificate entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics or 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 27 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Senior Certificate with at least 2 Higher Grade subjects.
- Learners must score at least 25 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
Please consult the re-admission policy at the front of the prospectus.
Obtaining the qualification
The qualification shall be obtained by completing the modules prescribed by Senate.
The qualification shall extend over a minimum of one year of full-time study.
Information Skills 1
Technical Support 1
User Support 1
Informations Systems 1
For more information on this certificate, CLICK HERE