SAQA ID : 49089
NQF LEVEL : 3
(Minimum credits : 120)
Purpose of Qualification:
The purpose of the qualification is to build the knowledge and skills that are required by multi-skilled employees in administrative and sales positions in the industry, and by learners in learnership, as part of the implementation of the Financial Services Charter.
Durban, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Braamfontein, Cape Town, Polokwane and Port Elizabeth.
Department of Education.
NQF 3 (Maths and Communication).
Minimum completion time:
This qualification articulates horizontally with the following qualifications:
• National Certificate in Insurance, NQF Level 3
• National Certificate in Business Administration Services, NQF Level 3
• National Certificate in Financial Services Management, NQF Level 3
Vertical articulation is possible with the following qualifications:
• National Certificate in Long Term Insurance, NQF Level 4
• National Certificate in Long Term Risk Assessment, NQF Level 4
• National Certificate in Healthcare Benefits : Claims Assessing, NQF Level 4
• National Certificate in Short Term Insurance, NQF Level 4
• National Certificate in Collective Investments (to be withdrawn in 2004)
• National Certificate in Financial Services Management, NQF Level 4
• National Certificate in Risk Management, NQF Level 4
• National Certificate in Wealth Management, NQF Level 4
Assessment of programme:
Assessment is conducted as both Formative Assessment & Summative Assessment. The Formative Assessment is covered as a Continuous Assessment Test and compilation of a Portfolio of Evidence by the learner. The Summative Assessment takes place as a National Summative Exam for 1st & 2nd Semester. It is compulsory for all learners to complete Work Integrated Learning (WIL) for completion of the programme.
Customer Service Skills
|End User Computing|
Personal Financial Management
Life Insurance & Administrative Skills
This qualification can lead to the following career opportunities:
|• Finance Trainee|
• Assistant Financial Manager
• Healthcare Administrator
|• Financial Consultant|
• Tax Advisor
• Banking Advisor
• Long Term Insurance
Contact PC Training & Business College.