SAQA ID : 20366
NQF LEVEL : 6
(Minimum credits : 280)
Purpose of Qualification:
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Financial Accountant as well as aiding social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills and knowledge in the Financial Accounting field and develop a specialist accounting and management career, either within South Africa or in other countries around the world.
Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Kempton Park, Pietermaritzburg, Randburg, Cape Town and Bloemfontein.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
National Qualification Framework by SAQA.
• Grade 12 or Equivalent or NQF Level 4 Qualification National Certificates: Accounting.
• Competent in Communication, Mathematics and Accounting at NQF Level 4.
• Learners who have completed the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting at NQF Level 5 will be granted credits towards the completion of this qualification.
• The Qualification may be obtained in whole or in part through a process of RPL. If competency can be shown in all the exit leve outcomes, the complete qualification can be awarded to the candidate.
Minimum Requirements to complete the qualification:
Pass all modules.
Minimum Completion Time:
Successful candidates may register with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and use the following designation “Certified Financial Accountant” CTFAIcb (SA).
Ths Qualification articuates horizontally with the National Diploma: Management Accounting NQF 6 and articulates vertically with the following qualifications:
• ACCA Professional Qualification
• ICAEW Qualifications
• ICSA Corporate Governance Qualifications
• Learners will be able to apply for fellow membership of the Institute of Financial Accountants, based in the United Kingdom.
|• Business Literacy|
• Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
• Payroll & Monthly SARS Returns
• Computerised Bookkeeping
|• Financial Statements|
• Cost & Management
• Business Law &
• Income Tax Returns
|• Corporate Strategy|
• Accounting Control
• Financial Reporting &
• Accounting Theory & Practice
This qualification can lead to the following career opportunities:
|• Cost Accountant|
• Financial Accountant
• Management Accountant
• Financial Director
Contact PC Training & Business College.