1 Year Full Time / 2 Years Part Time / Full Time
This programme aims to prepare senior interior designers for larger projects.
This design-focused course aims to produce senior interior designers who can, with some experience, practice independently as part of the team of consultants responsible for major new and adaptive re-use projects. A four-year qualification is the international pre-requisite for practice in interior design.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
National Diploma: Interior Design.
- Applicants who hold a National Diploma: Interior Design from NMMU must achieve a final mark of at least 65% for each of the following modules:
- Interior Design III
- Design Technology III
- Design Theory III
- Applicants who do not qualify in terms of above are required to write an entrance examination set and evaluated by the Department of Architecture and Interior Design in conjunction with the External Moderator(s) for the modules Interior Design IV and Design Technology IV.
- It is recommended that applicants who do not qualify in terms of point above work for at least one year after qualifying for their degree/diploma before applying to sit for this entrance examination.
- Only one examination session will be held for each academic year.
- Applicants who hold a National Diploma: Interior Design or a first degree in Architecture/Interior Architecture from another accredited tertiary institution or course must sit for the entrance examination referred to above. The conditions regarding the number of attempts allowed apply equally to this category of applicant.
- Students from other tertiary institutions may be required to follow certain pre-diploma modules as part of their course.
The qualification shall extend over one year of full-time study. Two years of part-time study is subject to approval by the Head of Department or Programme Leader.
Careers: interior designer.
For more info on this course: NMMU