Persons achieving this qualification will be competent to professionally apply electrical engineering principles, innovative skills, advanced problem solving techniques and managerial skills in the field of electrical engineering.
Take note: After completion of the B Tech and a minimum of three years industrial experience a candidate may apply to the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) for registration as a professional engineering technologist.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
- Students must have a 65% average for the National Diploma: Engineering: Electrical; or
- 55% average for the National Diploma: Engineering: Electrical with proof of registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa; or
- 60% average for the National Diploma: Engineering: Electrical and two years post-diploma working experience.
- Other and non-South African qualifications will be considered based on SAQA reports and merit and may require the submission of curricula and learning material. These applicants may be required to complete a language proficiency module.
Persons achieving this qualification will be competent to apply electrical engineering principles, innovative skills, advanced problem-solving techniques and managerial skills professionally in the field of electrical engineering.
The qualified person must be able to:
Obtaining the qualification
- demonstrate a high level of theoretical knowledge for the purpose of applied research and innovative problem solving;
- plan and manage projects with due cognisance of all related codes of practice, professional ethics and the Labour Relations Act;
- demonstrate technical managerial skills required for financial decision making and negotiating;
- demonstrate the high level of theoretical and practical knowledge required to act professionally;
- communicate effectively at high levels;
- register with ECSA as a candidate technologist in training in the field of Electrical Engineering.
The qualification shall be obtained by completing the modules prescribed by Senate.
Awarding the qualification cum laude
Unless Senate decides otherwise, the qualification shall be awarded cum laude
if candidates comply with the relevant General Rules for the Bachelor of Technology qualifications.
The qualification shall extend over a two-year continuous cycle of part-time study.
- Electrical Engineering
- Audio Engineering
For more information on this course and modules, CLICK HERE