This programme provides candidates who wish to qualify as chartered accountants with the opportunity of an additional major in Law. Graduates who followed the Law curriculum can also proceed to LLB studies with a view to entering the legal profession.
After completing this degree, students may proceed to the BCom Honours (Accounting) degree, and then to the professional examinations administered by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants and complete a three-year training contract, in order to qualify as chartered accountants.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 5 (60-69%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 30 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over four years of full-time study.
For more information on course modules, CLICK HERE