This curriculum caters for students planning a career in the business, commerce or the legal profession. It combines law subjects with a major in Business Management, Accounting or Economics. After completing this curriculum, the student may register for a two-year LLB degree.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements.)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- If an applicant presents with Mathematical Literacy instead of Mathematics, additional modules may be added to the programme, which will extend the length of the programme.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
For more information on this course and modules, CLICK HERE