This programme covers the application of computers to such areas as business management, finance, production, marketing, administration, distribution and auditing. Students learn about business systems ranging from those used for transactions processing to those used for logistical and strategic decision making.
This programme is a dual major. Students major in Information Systems (IS) and Computer Science and a choice of:
- Auditing or
- Business Management
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Financial Information Systems
- Information Systems
- Management Accounting
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
For more information on course modules, CLICK HERE