Computer Science and Information Systems graduates from NMMU are highly sought-after by local and international IT companies. This curriculum combines Computer Science with essential subjects for the business world, such as accounting, business management and economics. New modules in Computer Science & Information Systems focus on e-commerce, web technology and multimedia.
Requirements for admission
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Web Design and Management
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
Course modules include:
Computer Science I
Computer Science II
: Business Management, Economics, Accounting
: Law, Computer Science II, Statistics
Computer Science III
Business Management, Economics, Accounting (depending on the modules)
for more information on this course