Students interested in a career combining sport and business can follow a programme with majors in Human Movement Science
and a choice of Economics
, Business Management
This degree focuses on aspects such as:
- Business management
- Sport management
- Sport psychology
- Physiology of exercise and performance
This programme can also lead to postgraduate study in biokinetics and registration with the Health Professions Council as a professional Biokineticist or to a career in sport management anywhere in the world.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- If an applicant presents with Mathematical Literacy instead of Mathematics, additional modules may be added to the programme, which will extend the length of the programme.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
Disclaimer: All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate at the date it was published. NMMU reserves the right to make changes to the programme details (e.g. rules, admission requirements) as published on the website. Prospective students are advised to consult the Admissions Department prior to applying.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Biokinetics (Exercise Science)
- Excercise Science (Biokinetics)
- Human Movement Science (Exercise Science)
- Human Movement Science (Recreation)
- Human Movement Science (Sport Science)
- Human Movement Science (Sports Management)
- Sport Management
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
For more information on this course and modules, CLICK HERE