ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
This programme is aimed at students who wish to specialize in the field of Tourism on second and third year level. During the first year of study, students are able to obtain a solid foundation in key modules in the field of commerce, such as Business Management and Economics.
During the second year students can elect to enroll for specific modules such as Tourism as an Economic Activity, Business Functions in the Tourism Industry and Tourism Marketing. The module, Tourism Work Experience, enables students to gain practical work experience within the Tourism Industry. On third year level, the following modules are offered: Cultural and Heritage Tourism, Ecotourism, and Events and Hospitality Management.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- If an applicant presents with Mathematical Literacy instead of Mathematics, additional modules may be added to the programme, which will extend the length of the programme.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
For more information,CLICK HERE