This programme opens up a wide variety of career options in the business world and includes fields such as entrepreneurship, business environments, marketing and strategic management.
*Please note that the admission requirements listed for this specific qualification may change during the year; please consult the admissions office before applying.
Requirements for admission
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- If an applicant presents with Mathematical Literacy instead of Mathematics, additional modules may be added to the programme, which will extend the length of the programme or he/she could be placed in an extended programme.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course
Economics & Statistics
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
For more course information, CLICK HERE