ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
This programme is offered for students wishing to major in General Accounting
The General Accounting stream in intended for students who do not wish to qualify as Chartered Accountants but who may wish to join the other professional institutes such as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of South Africa (CPA) or who do not wish to become professional accountants yet wish to include accounting as a major subject in their degree.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics or 6 (70-79%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- If an applicant presents with Mathematical Literacy instead of Mathematics, additional modules may be added to the programme, which will extend the length of the programme or he/she could be placed in an extended programme.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
for more information on course modules