ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
This programme is prescribed for candidates who intend becoming Chartered Accountants (SA). The programme focuses on Financial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and Management Accounting. Graduates of this programme need to complete a BCom Honours degree in Accounting followed by a period of practical training and professional examinations in order to register as Chartered Accountants. As the highest accountancy qualification in South Africa and also recognised internationally, the title of CA (SA) brings with it a lucrative salary, job security and exciting career prospects. NMMU is well-known for the excellent results which its graduates achieve in the professional qualifying examinations, and for the high employment rate of its graduates.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 5 (60-69%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 30 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study
for more information on course modules