Research Training Scholarships for Medical Doctors
The MRC offers research training scholarships to candidates who have recently obtained a bachelors degree in medicine and are registered with the Health Professions Council. They should have completed their internship and community service, and be interested in pursuing full-time training in an established health research environment in South Africa.
Scholarships are tenable for one calendar year at a time. Successful applicants may apply for renewal of the scholarships for a second and third year, which will be considered in competition with all other applications. Preference for renewals will be given to those applicants that have registered for a MSc Medical Science, PhD or MD degree.
Post MBChB and BChD grants
Provides an opportunity for full-time research training for medical doctors, in any field in the health sciences as part of their development towards a Masters degree.
Who Qualifies for funding:
Period of Funding
- Value of the Award - R80 000.00 pa tax free
- Approval is for 1 calendar year at a time
- Scholarships are renewable for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of training
Closing Date: 30 June
Project coordinator, [email protected]
Looking for an undergraduate medical bursary? Visit the MRC of South Africa's website
- A request for applications is sent to the tertiary institutions with medical faculties.
- Applications are submitted to the MRC through the institutions post graduate bursary office.
- An applicant must consult beforehand with the research supervisor under whose supervision the research will be carried out.