relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
Metropolitan believes financial education plays a fundamental role in how it conducts business. Education is central to client interactions, particularly in Metropolitan's core target markets. Financial education helps provide financial security and is also a sustainable business practice.
Have you made a calculated decision that:
- You are committed to a career in life insurance?
- As an undergraduate who excels academically, Actuarial studies is where you achieve and want to be?
- You love to set yourself apart from the rest as an elite academic, but need the 'practical' support and guidance?
- You are looking for a reputable brand to provide you with that platform?
Each year Metropolitan grants generous bursaries to ensure that highly self-motivated achievers are given the opportunity to realise their career ambitions in life insurance.
We've done the math, so take a look at what our bursaries have to offer in return for your skill, enthusiasm and commitment:
- We cover the costs of:
- Full tuition and residential fees
- Textbooks and incidental expenses
- Incentive bonuses for exceptional achievements
- Annual travel allowance for flights back home (where applicable)
- We also provide vacation work from 2nd year and a basic living allowance
- As well as excellent networking opportunities, your chance to meet other actuaries in the business
- The opportunity to enroll at either the University of Cape Town or the University of Stellenbosch.
Upon the successful completion of your Bursary Programme:
- You will be assigned an experienced Actuary as your Mentor
- Guaranteed employment within one of the largest financial institution in Africa, where you can apply your experience and skills
Our requirements are:
- You need to be a matriculant who is achieving over 85% in Mathematics ,as well as Additional Maths or Maths3. Plus you need to obtain A's in at least 2 other related subjects (e.g. Accounting/Physics), level 6 or above.
Actuarial Bursary Administrator