TRAINING FOR APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN AUTOMOTIVE TRADES: TRADES PREPARATION PROGRAMME
1. The College of Cape Town will be offering a training course which will prepare learners for entry into apprenticeships in the Automotive Servicing and Repair Industries.
2. The training course is designed in collaboration with major players in the Automotive Industry which amongst others include the Imperial Motor Group.
3. Candidates completing the course successfully will be preferred for placement into apprenticeship programmes.
4. The course will be covered over 2 trimesters and will consist of theory and practical work.
5. Only 100 seats are available for the 1st intake of the programme which will commence in September 2013.
6. The minimum entrance criteria for selection are: Grade 12 with Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy as well as a Strong Mechanical aptitude.
It is envisaged that study bursaries will be available for deserving students.
Kindly contact Mr Nazeem Fataar on 021 6379183 to obtain an application form.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted.
Certified copies of the following documents must be attached to the application:
-Identification document or passport
-Highest academic/ technical qualification
The CLOSING DATE for applications is 12 August 2013.
Application forms are available at the Athlone campus
Applications must be marked for:
Attention: Ms S de Kock
Trades Preparation Programme
Applications can be Hand delivered to: Ms S de Kock, Athlone Campus, Corner of Protea and Eland Streets, Athlone or Marked as indicated above and posted to: P.O.Box 1054, Cape Town, 8000.
Applications will NOT be accepted if it is:
E-mailed or faxed.
Submitted/ received after the closing date.