This professional qualification focuses on producing academically driven design experts.
This degree programme will ensure technical-, academic- and practice-related competencies in traditional and new media. The degree could lead to post-graduate studies in Visual Communication.
FIRST-YEAR COURSE: FOUNDATION (120 CREDITS)
First-year courses are specifically structured to develop strong technical skills; encourage basic creative problem-solving abilities; and strengthen conceptual drive.
- First-year students can choose from an array of elective subjects to broaden their scope and establish a strong academic foundation.
- This unique education model allows students to explore the broader field within the communication design and film arts industries. It also adds foundation competence with regard to related fields of interest to their portfolio.
FIRST-YEAR LEVEL IN THE FIELD OF VISUAL COMMUNICATIONFIRST-YEAR LEVEL IN THE FIELD OF FILM ARTS
SECOND-YEAR COURSE: DEGREE (120 CREDITS)
From the second year onwards, emphasis falls on project execution and problem solving.
- Students must show insight into the creative process, such as forming ideas, activating the imagination, originality, initiative, spontaneity and self-discipline. The course is devoted to more advanced conceptualising and technical skills.
- Building on the well-developed sense of technical knowledge, creative solutions are found through analytical and synthesising thought processes. Students deliver proof of artistic sensitivity and aesthetic ability.
SECOND-YEAR LEVEL IN THE FIELD OF VISUAL COMMUNICATIONSECOND-YEAR LEVEL IN THE FIELD OF FILM ARTS
THIRD-YEAR COURSE: DEGREE (120 CREDITS)
In their third year, students integrate industry-based competencies with scholarly and applied research methodology.
- Entrepreneurial skills are developed and students have to show their ability to plan, operate and manage a project.
- The third-year curriculum focuses on work-based learning; students are given the opportunity to direct and execute projects commissioned by actual clients.
THIRD-YEAR LEVEL IN THE FIELD OF VISUAL COMMUNICATIONTHIRD-YEAR LEVEL IN THE FIELD OF FILM ARTS
The student receives a BA Degree in Visual Communication Designafter successfully completing at least 360 credits in total (including a work-based learning session that is compulsory at exit level).