relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
TEST YOUR DIVERSITY KNOWLEDGE DURING THE CAMPUS QUIZ
Did you know that 441 students from Germany are enrolled as Maties at Stellenbosch University?
Or that 1191 Maties speak an official South African language other than Afrikaans or English as first language?
And do you know that there are 1669 students from the lesbian, gay, transgender, queer (LGBTQI) community on campus?
These figures may not be important for academic purposes, nor will it lead to better marks, but it does prove that there is a kaleidoscope of people at Stellenbosch University. And each individual has his/her own interests which make for a pretty diverse bunch of people.
If these kinds of facts excited you, you might even win a prize or two by participating in a quiz about campus life during the Celebrating Diversity initiative (30 September – 4 October 2013).
Come to the Rooiplein on Tuesday 1 October and try and match different numbers to certain facts.
And to help you on your way, here are a few more numbers and facts:
- Five students between the ages of 70 and 74 are enrolled at Maties.
- The Faculty of Theology has 15 female first years.
- There are 26 professors under the age of 45 at Stellenbosch University.
- There are 6 students from Brazil, 44 students from Canada, 74 students from France, 303 from the USA, 53 from Botswana, 377 from Zimbabwe, 50 from Lesotho and 34 from Ghana.
- Currently, a total of 390 women are employed permanently as research or teaching staff in the different faculties.
- There are 639 female engineering students.
Article source: Stellenbosch University