relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
Students at the College may access a variety of support services to assist them with coping with a range of problems and difficulties, whether personal or academic. These services are provided free of charge.
- Individual counselling
- These sessions are private and confidential
- Support groups
- Improving academic performance
- Assistance with study methods, exam preparation and time management
- Services for disabled or special needs students
Career guidance and job placement
- Career guidance and career interest assessments
- Workshops and training for job-hunting
- CV writing and interview skills
- Job shadowing
Social and Cultural Services
- SRC co-ordination and support
- Co-ordinate social and cultural activities on campuses
- Co-ordinate and support student newsletter
Health Education and Related Services
- Workshop and information sessions on topics e.g. HIV/AIDS, sex and sexuality and substance abuse
- Community projects
The Student Support Services staff do not administer student loans but will assist students that qualify to access the loans. The Western Cape government’s iKapa Elihlumayo project makes study loans available to FET college students. It is important to note that these are loans and not bursaries, and that the money granted has to be repaid in monthly instalments.
Student Support staff are now available on all campusses. Contact your nearest campus for more information.