relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
NEW COURSES FROM MILPARK EDUCATION
Still haven’t decided what to study in 2014? Not to worry – Milpark Education can help. We will have several new qualifications and programmes available in 2014, giving you even more freedom when it comes to choosing your career path. That means that you can start preparing for your dream career right here!
Students will also be able to choose from the following new courses/qualifications:
• Diploma in Banking
• Higher Certificate in Management
• Advanced Certificate in Management
• Higher Certificate in Banking Services
• Advanced Certificate in Banking Services
• BCom degree with additional specialisations
Students’ top tips for choosing the right course
Deciding what to study can be a little overwhelming, especially when you’re presented with so many intriguing options. If you know you want to be a manager, then it makes sense to take a management course – and by the same token, anyone wanting to specialise in banking should complete a banking course.
But it’s not always so straightforward to choose the ideal course – what if you simply can’t make up your mind, or you aren’t sure what interests you most? Here are some tips from current students to help you make the right choice:
• Choose a subject you love: Studying is hard work, but it’s even harder if you do not enjoy the course material. Choose something you love, and you’ll enjoy every minute of your course – even the challenging bits.
• Ask questions: Don’t be afraid to address all your questions to a student advisor. Google does not always provide all the answers you need – sometimes, it helps to get some guidance from a real-life student advisor.
• Look for work-shadowing/internship opportunities: If you’re undecided about a number of careers or curious about one or two, find out if there are work-shadowing or internship opportunities available in your area. These type of opportunities will enable you to spend some time in those specific work environments and learn more about each profession.
• Consider your future job prospects: Will the course you choose prepare you for a variety of job opportunities, or will you be fairly limited? While it’s important to study something you’re passionate about, it’s also true that your chosen profession will need to support you once you enter the working world.
• Think about how much time you have to study: Some students are able to study full-time, while others balance jobs and studying. If you plan to study full-time, you’ll probably be able to take on a heavier workload and complete the course more quickly. As a distance learner, it might take you a little longer to find your stride, but it’s very possible to achieve your qualification through self-study – just be sure to find out how long you have to complete the course.
Still feeling unsure? It’s totally normal! Why not contact us for advice? We would like to assist you to make the best possible decisions for your future.
Article issued by Milpark Business School