relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
Situated in the picturesque, historic city of Pretoria, the University of Pretoria has offers entertainment, sport and academic facilities that leave you spoilt for choice.
The University of Pretoria has its origins in the establishment of the Pretoria Centre of the Transvaal University College in 1908. The colloquial name of the university, Tuks or Tukkies, was derived from the acronym of the college – TUC.
UP is a leading research university in South Africa and one of the largest in the country. The University has six campuses and a number of other sites of operation such as the Pretoria Academic Hospital. Central administration is located at the Hatfield campus.
The academic programmes of the University are offered in the following nine faculties and a business school. The faculties comprise a total of 140 departments and 85 centres, institutes and bureaus.
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Veterinary Science
- The university was established in 1908.
2. Number of Students:
- 57 409 (38 934 contact and 18 475 distance).
3. Student Demographics:
- In 2007, the racial profile of the total student population (contact and distance education students) was 44% white and 56% black. Gender composition in 2007 consisted of 43% male and 57% female students.
4. Famous Alumni:
- Anton Rupert