CPUT is situated within the Cape Town cosmopolitan hive. With campuses in Bellville, Cape Town and Wellington, CPUT not only provides a diverse social life but easy access and quality education too.
Cape Technikon and Peninsula Techikon merged in 2006 and became established as Cape Peninsula University of Technology. The institution is now referred to as CPUT and envisions to be the heart of technology, education and innovation in Africa.
The institution boasts with modern facilities and the use innovative teaching and learning approaches making studying more enjoyable. CPUT is a leading University of Technology in the Western Cape and offers a variety of career-focused undergraduate and postgraduate courses across a broad spectrum of subjects.
The institution has six faculties and five research centres:
- Applied Science
- Design and Informatics
- Education and Social Sciences
- Health and Wellness Sciences
- Centre for Instrumentation Research (CIR)
- e-Innovation Academy (e-IA)
- Fundani – Teaching and Learning
- Unit of Lifelong Learning
- Water and Sanitation Services Unit (Project Web Site)
- CPUT was founded in 2006 but both the Cape and Peninsula Techikon dates back to 1920.
2. Published Papers