relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
Hatch Goba (Pty) Ltd (a member of the Hatch Group of Companies) is an employee-owned, multi-disciplinary professional services firm. We deliver a comprehensive array of technical and strategic services to the mining & metals, energy and infrastructure sectors. Our services include management consulting, engineering, process development, operational performance, environmental services, technologies and project and construction management.
Our Group has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world. With 11,000 employees globally in over 65 offices on six continents, we have more than US$35 billion in capital projects under management. Locally, Hatch Goba employs approximately 1500 personnel in South Africa and operates from four regions with six principal offices in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Eastern Cape and Western Cape.
These offices are supplemented by regional satellite and project based offices in various centres throughout Africa. Our focus is to provide a more integrated service to our three business sectors while ensuring that world-class project management practices are combined with a deep level of understanding of the local environment to produce excellence for both public and private sector clients.
“Thinking and acting for clients, communities and employees”
Hatch Goba delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, technology, process development and construction management to the energy, mining, metallurgical and infrastructure sectors.
Complementing the core engineering and construction management (EPCM) services, Hatch Goba provides an array of value adding expert services with specialists that work side by side with project teams to tackle issues that impact on client’s projects.
These include: Environmental Services Group, Technologies, Operational Services and Management Consulting.
Vacation Student Program
Hatch runs work experience programs annually for undergraduate students typically over the summer vacation period. You will experience opportunities on a variety of projects working in the office and on site with graduate engineers and senior engineers in our mining and metals, energy and infrastructure sectors.
Upon commencement you will participate in an induction program which will ensure you settle quickly into the organization. As part of the program, you will be exposed to our Professional Development Program and buddies will be assigned to support you during your time with Hatch.
Check our calendar of events to see when and where we’ll be near you!
Vacation work duties:
- Engineering design and project work
- Database design/management
- Research projects
- General administrative duties
The benefits of vacation work:
- Gain first hand practical experience and be able to put into practice what you’ve studied
- Obtain work in an area that you’re interested in and which also relates to your future career direction
- Work alongside qualified and experienced staff
- Be considered for a graduate position at the completion of your studies
- Earn some extra money while studying
Hours & Location:
- Committing to vacation employment doesn’t necessarily mean making a commitment for the full 12 weeks of summer vacation
- Employment can be offered for all or part of the normal vacation period and can be a part time or more casual arrangement
Who we are looking for:
A career at Hatch is for those who seek to make a difference, achieve professional excellence and help engineer the future.
Successful candidates are likely to have the following characteristics:
- Currently studying a Bachelor of Engineering and/or Bachelor or Science degree
- High standards and history of achievement both academically and personally
- Shared beliefs of our values including innovation, respect, communication and integrity
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- The passion and drive to make a real difference
- Currently studying a relevant degree or a degree accredited to an Engineering discipline. i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Chemical, Electrical, Mining etc.
- Hold citizenship, permanent residency or a work visa which allows you to work at Hatch in the region you've applied, on a full time basis
South African branches:
4th Floor, The Podium at Menlyn, 42 Ingersol Road, Cnr Lois & Atterbury Road, Menlyn, 0181
Tel: (0)12 473 8000, Fax: (0)11 612 9614
1st Floor Avanti South Block, Tyger Falls, Cnr Carl Cronje Drive & Bill Bezuidenhout Ave, Bellville, 7551
Tel: (0)21 914 3600, Fax: (0)21 914 3601
44 Pearce Street, Berea, 5241
Tel: (0)43 721 0135, Fax: (0)43 721 1385
Unit 5 Ascot Office Park, Conyngham Street, Glendinningvale, 6057
Tel: (0)41 373 6552, Fax:(0)41 373 6545/ 086 650 4762
25 Richefond Circle, Ridgeside Office Park, Umhlanga, 4319
Tel: (0)31 536 9400, Fax: (0)31 536 9500
78 Blakeway Road, 5100, Mthatha
Tel: (0)47 532 5684, Fax: (0)47 532 5687
14 Harrowdene Office Park, Western Service Road, Woodmead
Private Bag X 20, Gallo Manor, South Africa, 2052
Telephone +27 (0)11 239 5300, Facsimile +27