relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
COURSE: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Duration:3 Years Full Time
Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management
All full-time undergraduate degree programmes are offered over a minimum period of three years.
The correct understanding and implementation of business ethics and related legislation are challenging concepts in the world of human resources. The Human Resource Manager is tasked with the responsibility of creating and establishing work equality and transformation that will achieve job satisfaction and company productivity.
This vast area of management requires students to apply a hands-on approach. MGI’s BCom in Human Resource Management degree provides a strong theoretical foundation for training, education, and skills development as measures of poverty alleviation. At the same time this degree gives students a macro perspective on the design and development of strategic HR-related policies and legislation, including practical experience in the drafting and application thereof.
The programme covers sensitive issues in the workplace such as modern day stress and burnout, internal staffing and discipline, HIV/Aids, whistle blowing, sexual harassment, and retrenchment, whilst covering other areas such as:
- Employment Equity and Labour Relations Acts;
- Health and safety management;
- Career development, compensation, performance, and change management;
- Motivation, leadership, teamwork, cultural, and workplace diversity;
- Organising, job design, and analysis; and
- Candidate selection, negotiation, and placement.
The degree equips students with the necessary skills to successfully manage working relationships between people at work and organisations, exposing them to all the practical elements in the human resources field.
The syllabus comprises three levels:
Students are introduced to the basic principles of Human Resource Management. Computer literacy and various introductory business skills subjects are included in the curriculum.
- Business English
- Business Management IA
- Business Management IB
- Computer Skills
- Economics IA
- Economics IB
- Human Resources Management I
- Industrial Relations I
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Labour Law
- Management of Training I
- Quantitative Techniques
Students develop an intermediate level of knowledge and skills in Human Resource Management.
- Economics IIA
- Economics IIB
- Entrepreneurship and General Management
- General Management
- Human Resource Management IIA
- Human Resource Management IIB
- Industrial Relations II
- Management of Training II
- Research Methodology
Students who fulfill all the requirements for Levels 1, 2, and 3 are awarded the MGI Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management degree.
- Advanced Industrial Relations
- Business Ethics
- Human Resource Management IIIA
- Human Resource Management IIIB
- Human Resource Planning & Development
- Organisational Change
- Research Project
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource Consultant
- Employment Relations Consultant
- Personnel Consultant
Search for more courses
Follow us On