relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
COURSE: DIPLOMA IN YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Duration:Full Time / Part Time
The impact of HIV/AIDS, unemployment and poverty has added to the pressures that young people face in making a place for themselves in the economy and society. This programme prepares students to support young people, especially those from vulnerable groups, to protect their health, develop their leadership skills and became involved in constructive income-generating opportunities.
Type: undergraduate diploma
Duration: 2 years part time
First year subjects:
- Commonwealth values in youth in development
- Young people and society
- Principles and practice of youth in development work
- Working with young people in their communities
- Gender and development
- Learning processes
- Management skills
- Youth and health
Second year subjects:
- Project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Policy, planning and implementation
- Conflict resolution strategies and skills
- Promoting enterprise and economic development
- Sustainable development and environment issues
Careers: youth development officer, youth development project manager.