relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
COURSE: CERTIFICATE IN INTERNATIONAL TOURISM
The Tourism Department of the Tygerberg Campus strives to benchmark its training on world-class standards. All Lecturers are qualified Trainers/Assessors and are specialists in their field of expertise. The national and international syllabus run concurrently, therefore once you have successfully completed your two-year Tourism theory and 18 months practical training/employment at Northlink you will have acquired two Tourism Qualifications.
Type: undergraduate certificate
Duration: 1 year full time
First year subjects:
- Tourism industry
- Tourism geography
- Developing a visitor attraction
- Reservations and ticketing within travel and tourism
- Customer Service
- Presentation of tourism products and services
- Assessment component for all City and Guilds subjects
- Tourist Communication
- Tourist Destinations
- Travel Office Procedures
- Computer Practice
- Travel Services
- Tourism industry practical training
Careers: travel agent, tour guide, tourism consultant.