relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
COURSE: BCOM (GENERAL: STATISTICS)
Duration:3 Years Full Time
With the option of majoring in at least one of the following subjects: Accounting, Business Management, Economics, and one other approved subject, this programme opens up a wide variety of career options in the world of business.
Students may choose from Accounting or General Accounting, Business Management (which includes fields such as entrepreneurship and the establishing of enterprises, the pivotal role of the business environments, marketing, logistics and purchasing management, financial and strategic management), and Economics. The programme also offers optional courses such as Languages, Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Geology, Political Studies and Music.
Note: Students who intend registering for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education after completion of a BCom degree must ensure that they have majored in two school subjects.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements.)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 28 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
Economics & Statistics
The qualification shall extend over three years of full-time study.
For more information on course modules, click HERE