relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
THE BEST WAYS TO BEAT EXAM STRESS
1. Start studying well before the exam – If you do your studies, you’ll be able to understand the context in the exam.
2. When studying have a break every hour – Don’t over-work yourself, it’s recommended that you have small intervals regularly.
3. Go for a jog or play some sport before you study and/or write the exam – Stimulate your body and warm up your brain. It helps in retaining the information gained by studying.
4. Focus on understanding the concepts – If you cannot study at ALL or you don’t know how to then don’t waste your time trying to understand one thing and not get the rest of your revision/study done, just try to understamd the basic concepts.
5. Think about the time after the exam – Visualize the happiness on your face that the stress period is now over. Make plans for after the exam, something you can look forward to, even if it’s as simple as a trip to the mall.
6. Make motivation– Motivate yourself to study, reward yourself after you study perhaps by treating yourself.
7. Keep telling yourself that your hard work will not go to waste – Because it won’t! Because you’ve studied you’ll (hopefully) do good in your exams!
9. Designate a “study buddy”, a classmate who is an expert in a subject you have trouble in, that you can come to with questions – This actually works, if you dont understand something your friend or study buddy could help you to. This might not be for you though, some people do prefer to study alone.
10. Work in ‘your’ space – Study in a place you feel you can get the work done although make sure its away from noise, distraction and is in a well lit enviroment. Also music might help, but be careful becasue it may also be a distraction!
11. Get plenty of sleep – It’s way more stressful to memorize lots of information or comprehend complicated concepts on less than 6 hours sleep.
12 . Eat healthy food, our bodies are designed to function on nutritious food rather than junk – While sugar might be a quick source of energy, sugar lows happen pretty fast and the let-down can often be severe.14. While taking notes, use as many diagrams, graphs and figures and illustrations as possible. This helps to make several revisions at the last moment!
13. On the day of the exam, feel happy! Think positive and keep cool! Good luck!
Article adapted from becomegorgeous.com