University Fellowships to develop Southern Africa’s future responsible entrepreneurs
The Foundation offers the exceptional Allan Gray Fellowship to Southern Africa’s pioneering bright young students. This initiative aims to develop students, known as Allan Gray Candidate Fellows, into Southern Africa’s future high impact responsible entrepreneurs. Every year, the Foundation selects the best and most ambitious Grade 12 and first year university students from Southern Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland to join its vibrant community of Allan Gray Candidate Fellows. The Fellowship includes comprehensive tertiary education financial support alongside exposure to thought leaders, mentorship and entrepreneurial mindset development. Access to postgraduate funding is available to those who have excelled in their tertiary studies and the Fellowship Programme.
General Selection Criteria
Fellowship Applicants need to be able to show a track record of leadership or being entrepreneurially minded. The Foundation’s framework to measure this as follows:
- Achievement Excellence: The ongoing pursuit of excellence with tangible and specific focus on setting goals. A motivation to make a difference and leave a mark.
- Intellectual Imagination: Demonstrated by an established record of intellectual achievement; an ability to see the unseen, challenge the status quo and suggest that things could be done differently.
- Courageous Commitment: The courage and dedication to continue, realising that applying consistent commitment has a way of overcoming.
- Spirit of Significance: A weight of personality that comes from living a life personified by passion and integrity.
- Personal Initiative: A person who makes things happen and celebrates the satisfaction of bringing new things into being. Independent, proactive and self-starting
Apart from being entrepreneurially minded, there are a couple of mandatory academic requirements that applicants need to fulfil:
South Africa Grade 12 (2015 Applications are Open)
South Africa 1st Year University (2015 Applications are Open)
Swaziland Grade 12 (Applications not open for 2015)
Namibia Grade 12 (Applications not open for 2015)
Botswana Grade 12 (Applications not open for 2015)
For more information visit: http://www.allangrayorbis.org/fellowship-programme/how-to-apply/