relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
RUTH PROWSE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Students are required to have successfully graduated from Grade 12 with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a combination of recognised NSC subjects as well as certain levels of achievement in these subjects- at least 30% in English and at least 40% in four recognised NSC 20 credit subjects;
Applicants who have attended a higher education institution will be assessed on the basis of their higher education results and their school-leaving results;
or have Mature status for entrance requirements- that is 23 years or older and have a NSC but do not fulfil all the academic requirements;
or have Prior Learning Recognition.
Applicants are required to have:
- A Certified Copy of the NSC (or a statement of the latest results in the interim)
- A certified copy of the student’s ID
- Copies of any other additional qualification (if applicable)
- A Valid Study Visa at registration if a foreign student
- A Portfolio (see Application specific requirements on pages 4, 6 and 8)
- An Essay- (see Application specific requirements on pages 4, 6 and 8)
- A Letter of Motivation- a 250 word written letter (An Outline of interests, strengths and reasons for the particular career path -to be completed at the school after the interview. This provides the School with evidence of proficiency in English)
- A Terminology List- in your own words or from a dictionary (to be completed at the school after the interview)
- An Interview (in the absence of an interview that may not be possible for non local students, greater emphasis will be placed on the letter of motivation that is required in this instance to be 500 words long).
Any student who applies to study at the Ruth Prowse School of Art is required to submit a portfolio of both practical and theoretical work. Each program has specific requirements for the submission, therefore potential students must refer to the application requirements for their choice in Diploma.
All applying students are required to schedule an interview as part of the application process. All bookings are done through the administration office. If a student is not local and cannot make arrangements to come to an interview, greater emphasis will be placed on the written motivation.
Back to Ruth Prowse School of Art