relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT TO APPLY TO STUDY AT MATIES
Future Maties have only a few days left to submit their applications for 2015. The deadline for academic applications and for accommodation in a university residence is 30 June 2014.
“A degree is still one of the best investments you can make,” says Ms Michelle Swart, Manager: Marketing and Media at the University’s Centre for Student Recruitment. “Stellenbosch University is a smart choice as the University officially has the highest success rate for students in the country. Simply put, Matie students have the best chance of making a success of their studies.”
Higher education can be expensive and prospective students are encouraged to apply as quickly as possible for the large number of bursaries and study loans available from the University.
Stellenbosch offers much more than just an academic qualification. Employers are looking for a well-balanced individual, not only for students who score high marks in exams, adds Swart. “We are just as serious about the Matie ‘out-of-class experience’ as we are about what happens in the lecture hall. Residences and private wards are thus grouped into clusters with a modern lifestyle hub where students come together to study, work, rest and play – all adding to the unique Stellenbosch experience.”
Apart from all the sport and recreational activities, the University offers a large variety of academic and non-academic societies varying from volunteering, dancing, hiking and debating to becoming a film fundi and caring for the environment. Via the Frederik van Zyl Slabbert Institute for Student Leadership Development students can hone their leadership skills and do accredited short courses on leadership.
Stellenbosch University has an average first-year retention rate of above 84% compared to the national average of 50%. Visitwww.maties.com for more information on the various academic programmes and support services that will help ensure your success, for example, the First-year Academy, the Language Centre, mentors and tutors, specialised technological support and facilities, integrated learning and living spaces, Campus Health Services and the Centre for Student Counselling and Development.
Stellenbosch offers parallel-medium classes (separate English and Afrikaans) and also uses educational interpreting to ensure that language does not become a barrier to your success. Assignments, oral presentations, tests and examinations may be completed in either English or Afrikaans.
How to apply:
The fastest way to apply, is to do it online. Visit www.maties.com and click on “apply online”. You can also phone 021 808 9111 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a printed application form.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Stellenbosch University is the only South African University offering tuition in forestry, laser physics, polymer sciences and viticulture and oenology (wine making).
- The University is regarded as a technologically smart institution. It has more than 80 Wi-Fi hot spots, 2500 computers in the various computer user areas across the campus and all residence rooms have internet access.
- The University has 5 campuses – in Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Bellville, Saldanha and Worcester.
- It is one of the top 4 research universities in South Africa and has the highest research output of all South African universities.
- SU appears in 3 world ranking lists for universities
- The University Choir was crowned world champion in the World Choir Games in Cincinnatti, USA in 2012
Click here to visit the SU website.