relevant institution directly for course information.
FOR ALL THE LATEST OFFERS
AND SPECIALS NOW
LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT BURSARY SCHEME 2015
1. WHAT IS LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT BURSARY SCHEME?
A recruitment measure by Limpopo Department of Health and Social Development to fill the identified and existing skills gap required to render the efficient and good quality service.
2. HOW DOES THE BURSARY SCHEME WORK?
The Department identifies the required skills needs in line with its strategic objectives.
The identified skills needs are then advertised and publicized for community consumption through:
i. Career expos
ii. Local Newspapers
iii. Local Radio Stations
3. WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Limpopo Department of Health and Social Development Bursary Scheme is targeting solely:
i. South African citizens who, for all intents and purposes, are permanently residing in Limpopo Province and who are from the most poverty stricken households:
ii. Categories of applicants legible to apply are:
Post Matriculation Candidates
Students at Tertiary Institutions
All the above categories should be intending or currently furthering their studies in study fields as indicated under item E below.
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested students apply either personally, telephonically or in writing.
Bursary Application Forms are obtainable through personal collection at District Offices of Health and Social Development, hospitals and clinics, Tribal and Local Government Municipal Offices and on line at www.dhsd.limpopo.gov.za
Completed application forms are submitted to Department of Health and Social Development at the centers as mentioned immediately above or posted to the Department at the postal address at the bottom of this pamphlet on or before the 31st October of each year.
Applicants are to submit proof of admission/promissory letter of acceptance with tertiary institutions where they intend to enroll for their studies immediately upon receipt thereof.
Prior the final selection is made for the deserving applicants, home visits verifications are made to ascertain the authenticity of submitted information and the applicants’ neediness
Successful applicants are informed telephonically and advised to submit proof of registration with tertiary institution and after accepting bursary offer, they are required to enter into an Undertaking Agreement with the Department to the effect that immediately upon completion of their studies, they will unconditionally comply with terms and conditions thereof
Bursary Confirmation letter is then handed to the applicant [now the bursary holder] to be submitted to the tertiary institution where he/she has been registered.
Payments are made to the tertiary institutions on behalf of the bursars which cover the following major items as per the tertiary approved fee schedule for each academic year:
Tuition – 100%
Meals – 100%
Accommodation – 100%
Registration – 100%
Book Allowance as determined from time to time.
6. BURSARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Bursary is granted subject to the prospective bursary holders entering into Contractual Agreement with Department to the effect that upon completion of their studies, they will be compelled to serve Limpopo Department of Health and Social Development the number of years equivalent to the period of financial assistance without an option of a transferring the obligations to elsewhere.
- Applicants who are holders of any other bursary are not allowed to apply.
- In the event the bursary holder fails to progress to next level of his/her studies, he/she has the responsibility to pay for him/her tertiary fees for the year until he/she produces satisfactory proof that he/she has been promoted.
7. CURRENT FIELDS OF STUDIES OFFERED BY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT:
- MBCHB (Degree in Medicine)
- BDS/BCHD (Degree in Dentistry)
- B. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- B. ORAL HYGIENE
- B. DENTAL THERAPY
- B. PHYSIOTHERAPY
- B. OPTOMETRY
- BSC DIET/NUTRITION
- B. SOCIAL WORK
- NATIONAL DIP: ORTHOTICS/ PROSTHETICS
- MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
- B. RADIOGRAPHY
- ND. CLINICAL ENGINEERING
- B.A. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- B. TECH. EMERGENCY CARE
NB: Availability of grants are dependent upon the Departmental needs at any given time.
8. BREACH OF CONTRACT
- Renouncing the bursary after payments have already been made
- Change of study field without prior approval by Head of Department of Health and Social Development
- Abandonment of studies
- Failure to report for a job placement
- Resignation from work prior full compliance to the Bursary Contractual Service Obligations.
8.1. RESULTS OF BREACH OF CONTRACT
- Compelled to refund the whole or part of the money expended towards one’s studies
- Failure to comply, the matter referred to legal services or state attorneys for further handling for debt recovery
Closing Date 31 October 2014